Processing by means of electro erosion is a procedure whose principle of action is an electric discharge that generates a spark between the item being processed and an electrode. Consequently the electro erosion process can only be implemented on electricity conducting materials – all the metals and graphites irrespective of their hardness.
One of the important conditions for electric discharge is a fixed breach gap, which constitutes the distance between the item being processed and the electrode. When the spark occurs in the breach gap electricity conducting gases, soot and minute particles of material are generated, which need to be removed from the vicinity. For this purpose a dielectric liquid such as oil, petroleum, diesel fuel or distilled water, is used.
By processing with electro erosion it is possible to achieve a very high degree of precision and good surface areas. For this purpose electrodes from 0.05 to 0.3 mm in diameter are used.
There are two methods of electro erosion – cutting with wire and Settling
Wire cutting is a process in which a wire shaped electrode is used.
By means of the relative movement between the material and the wire, it is possible to generate a shaped, circumferential, pass through bore, at the height of the material. Using additional axes that enable tilting the wire to achieve an angled bore, it is possible to create a spring from a round rod or components with complex geometric forms, with curved surfaces.
Settling is a process in which an electrode shaped around the circumference and in the front is used. Utilizing the relative movement and the material the electrode shape is Settling therein.
Using this method it is possible to also implement deep bores with a diameter of 0.3 mm.
• Cutting of hard materials including hard metals at heights of up to 420 mm.
• High degree of precision.
• Excellent surface quality.
• No processing method is slower…
• High consumption of electricity and filtration and cooling systems.
• Wire cutting up to a height of 420 mm.
• Wire cutting at an angle of up to 800 – up to a height of 350 mm.
• Spiral cutting using two additional axes.
• Combined cutting on 6 axes simultaneously (X, Y, U, V, A, Z axes).
• Minimum corner radius in special wire cuttings – 0.05 mm.
• Groove cutting from 0.10 mm.
• Bores from 0.3 to 1.5 to a depth of 300 mm.
• CNC controlled Settling.